GRILLED NORTH CAROLINA RIVER TROUT
Being fortunate to live in Florida, we enjoy an unlimited variety of fresh, salt water seafood. On occasion, we like to savor one of the popular northern fresh water species. Trout is among my favorites.
Yield: Serves 4
Trout Fillets, skin on, 4 each (average 14 oz. each)
Salt, 0.5 Tbs.
Pepper, 0.25 Tbs.
Oil, 2 oz.
Lemon, 2 each
Parsley, 1 oz.
Thyme, 0.5 oz.
Butter, 8 oz.
Romaine, 1 each
Radicchio, 1 each
Grape Tomatoes, 6 oz.
Toasted Almonds, 2 oz
Honey, 1 oz.
Lemon, 1 oz.
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Olive Oil, 3 oz.
1) Finely chop the parsley and thyme.
2) In metal bowl combine butter, lemon juice, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
3) Turn grill on high heat, cover, and bring to temperature.
4) Using a brush or an disposable towel, dip in oil, and brush the grill grates.
5) Spray the fish with pan release spray on both sides, and place trout on grill flesh side down .
6) Cook fish on first side for 2-3 minutes.
7) Using a fish spatula, gently turn fish over to the skin side.
8) Lather the fish with the butter mixture and cook for 2 minutes.
9) Remove from grill and place on individual large plates.
10) Oil and season the romaine and radicchio with salt and pepper.
11) Place directly on grill and lightly char all sides.
12) Remove from grill and rough chop the lettuce.
13) In large bowl combine honey, lemon, and oil and vigorously whisk together.
14) Add remaining ingredients and toss through.
15) Divide salad evenly over the center of each trout filet.
Enjoy with a chilled glass of Chardonnay or Pinot Grigio!